Yeast is a single-celled fungus, not a unit of phylogenetic classification. A tiny single-celled microorganism invisible to the naked eye. It can ferment sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide. It is distributed throughout the natural world. It is a typical facultative anaerobic microorganism that can survive both aerobic and anaerobic conditions. A natural starter. Yeast
What magical role does yeast play in bread?
Baker's Yeast is the soul of bread, and bread cannot be made without yeast! The functions are as follows: 1. Biological leavening effect-yeast produces a large amount of CO2 during dough fermentation, and is left in the mesh structure due to the formation of the dough gluten mesh structure, making the bread loose and porous, bulky and bulky 2. Dough gluten expansion effect-yeast fermentation not only produces CO2, but also increases gluten expansion, so that the CO2 produced by yeast fermentation can be retained in the dough and improve the dough's air retention capacity, while chemical leavening agents do not This effect
3. Improve the aroma and taste of bread: When the yeast is fermented, it can make the bread produce the unique fermentation taste of bread products. In addition, in addition to the production of alcohol when the dough is fermented, it is also accompanied by the production of many other volatile and non-volatile compounds related to the flavor of bread, forming the unique baking smell and aroma of bread products; 4. Increase nutritional value: Because the main component of yeast is protein, in yeast, the protein content is almost half, and the main amino acid content is sufficient, especially the lack of lysine and vitamins in grains have a higher content.
Conditions for making bread
Bread Yeast is in the dough, which can help the formation of protein sub-chains; 2. When the dough is stirred, some oxygen molecules will be included. The dough after stirring has high ductility and low resistance. After the dough is relaxed for 20-30 minutes, the dough will be Due to oxidation, the gluten chains are combined with each other, thereby increasing the strength of gluten; 3. The PH value of the dough decreases. Generally, the pH value of the dough is about 6.0 after the fermentation is completed, and about 5.4 after the completion of fermentation;
4. Organic acid produced by yeast during fermentation; 5. Lactic acid bacteria and acetic acid bacteria in the dough produce lactic acid and acetic acid during fermentation; 6. Ammonia salt used as a source of yeast nitrogen in the dough improver is a strong acid and a weak base Type salts, which are used by yeast to produce strong acids such as sulfuric acid and hydrochloric acid, which also reduce the PH value of the dough, but the content of these acids in the dough is very small;
7. Lowering the PH value of the dough helps the yeast fermentation, because the most suitable PH value for yeast fermentation is between 4.2 and 4.5, which can increase the puffing and water absorption of the dough, and improve the physical properties of the bread; 8. Sexual organic matter, forming the unique baking smell of bread. Namely "mellow" taste.
Formula dosage of Baker's yeast
1. Reduce the amount of formula: when used with natural yeast; when fermented for a long time; 2. Slightly reduce the amount of formula: when there are more hands-on processes; when the room temperature is higher; when there are more auxiliary materials;
3. Slightly increase the amount of formula: when the flour is new; when the gluten is strong; when the water is alkaline; when you want to make hard bread; when the sugar content is high; when the salt content is high; when the finished dough temperature is low 4. Increase the amount of formula: when there is more sugar (above 10%); when there is more milk; when the fermentation time is short; when there is more ghee.
Advantages of Baker's yeast
1. Yeast has a strong fermenting power and will produce a large amount of carbon dioxide sufficiently and stably during the fermentation process. The more carbon dioxide, the more the dough can fully expand; 2. In the mixing stage, the yeast will start to move when the powder absorbs water and seals, so the dough can be integrated into a dough faster, as long as the conditions are available, the fermentation will proceed quickly after mixing. , It is possible to shorten the time required for all operations.
About Bailin Group:
We're a leading Baker's Yeast manufacturer in China ,supply Baker's Yeast products with steady quality and low price.contact us if you are looking for a reliable Bread Yeast supplier from China.or feel free to send your inquiry to below form,will reply you within 24 hours.