What are the main applications of calcium propionate?
Calcium propionate is a safe and reliable antifungal agent for food and feed approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). Like other fats, Calcium propionate can be absorbed by humans and animals through metabolism, and supplies necessary calcium for humans and animals. This advantage is unmatched by other antifungal agents and is considered GRAS.
Molecular mass of 186.22, white light scaly crystals, or white particles or powder. Slightly special smell, easy to deliquescence in humid air. The monohydrate salt is a colorless monoclinic platy crystal. Easily soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol. It has a wide range of antibacterial effects on molds, yeasts and bacteria. It can be used as an antiseptic in bread and pastries. The lower the pH, the higher the antiseptic effect. Calcium propionate is almost non-toxic to the human body. Used in cosmetics as an antiseptic thorn, the maximum allowable concentration is 2% (calculated as propionic acid). Store in a dry and cool warehouse, keep it away from rain and moisture during storage and transportation. It is made from propionic acid as raw material and neutralized with calcium hydroxide.Bailin Group--As a leading and professional Calcium propionate manufacturer in China ,Bread preservative supplier,we would like to give you the main uses of Calcium propionate .
The main applications:
1. Calcium propionate can be used as a mildew-removing agent for food and concentrated feed, and as a storage agent for toast bread and snacks. Calcium propionate is easy to mix with wheat flour, and when used as a cold storage additive, it can also produce high-quality protein essential to the body, which has the effect of strengthening food.
2. Calcium propionate has an inhibitory effect on mold and good-tempered Bacillus subtilis, which can cause sticky material on toast bread, but has no inhibitory effect on yeast.
3. It is reasonable in the tapioca starch, protein-containing and vegetable oil-containing substances to mold, good-tempered spore-causing bacteria, gram-positive bacteria-negative bacteria, aflatoxin, etc. It has unique mildew-removing and anti-corrosion properties.
4. It is a new and safe, high-efficiency, broad-spectrum food and feed fungicide in food and brewing, concentrated feed, and pharmaceutical preparations.
5. Calcium propionate as a feed material can reasonably inhibit the growth of mildew in concentrated feed and increase the shelf life of concentrated feed. If it is combined with other carbonates, it can also increase the appetite of livestock and increase the milk production of dairy cows. Calcium propionate has low volatile content, heat resistance, and good adaptability to small animals, which is suitable for a variety of concentrated feed applications.
6. Calcium propionate can also be used as a preservative for whitening toothpaste and skin care products, with excellent anti-corrosion effects.
7. A new type of feed material, the key is used as a fungicide, can extend the fresh period of concentrated feed. It has a very good practical effect on preventing molds, good-tempered buds causing bacteria, and gram-negative bacteria. It can also inhibit the production of aflatoxin, while it is not harmful to yeast, is honest and honest, and has no toxic side effects. It can also be used as food additives.