What kind of Food additive the Calcium propionate is ?
Calcium propionate is a food antifungal agent, which can effectively inhibit the growth of various molds such as Aspergillus flavus. It is an antifungal agent approved by the World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Calcium propionate can be added to food, not only to prevent mold, but also to replenish calcium necessary for the body.
Do you know what kind of food additive the Calcium propionate is ? For knowledge points, please see the explanation of Bailin Group, a well-known China manufacturer of calcium propionate.
Calcium propionate is an antifungal agent approved by the World Health Organization and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. It is generally added to food and feed. Calcium propionate has good absorption capacity, can be absorbed by our body like other fats, and can also supplement certain calcium elements.
As an anti-mold agent, calcium propionate can play a very good antibacterial effect and can effectively inhibit the production of various types of molds such as aflatoxin. In some medical fields, calcium propionate can also be used as some ointments to treat some Mold infections caused by skin diseases, etc.
Unlike other antifungal agents, calcium propionate can not only prevent mildew, but also supplement the body with some necessary calcium elements. However, many antifungal agents on the market can only play a role in preventing mildew. , And cannot be eaten directly, so it is not very convenient to use.
What are the usages of food additive calcium propionate?
Calcium propionate is almost non-toxic to the human body. Used in cosmetics as an antiseptic thorn, the maximum allowable concentration is 2% (calculated as propionic acid). Stored in a dry and cool warehouse, protected from rain and moisture during storage and transportation. It is made from propionic acid as raw material and neutralized with calcium hydroxide. What are the uses of the food additive calcium propionate?
Anyone who has studied chemistry must know the chemical substance of calcium propionate. Calcium propionate is a kind of white particles, sometimes a white powder. This chemical substance has a special smell and has strong water absorption. It can absorb water vapor in the air. It is worth mentioning that calcium propionate has a strong antibacterial effect, so it is widely used in many aspects. Do you know the usages of the food additive calcium propionate?
1. Calcium propionate can effectively prevent food spoilage caused by the growth of Bacillus potatoe.
2. It is used to process bakery products such as bread and cakes, which can extend the shelf life of the product.
3. Calcium propionate exists in some cheeses and butters, because food fermentation can produce this compound.
4. Calcium propionate is also added to processed meats, pies and dairy products.
5. Foods such as candy, icing sugar, gelatin, pudding, fresh dough, pizza, non-alcoholic beverages, jams and jellies also use calcium propionate.
6. The dosage of calcium propionate in food is not high, the ratio is usually 0.1-0.4%. This compound is classified as a non-toxic and safe food additive.
7. This compound will not accumulate in body tissues. After ingested through food, the body separates calcium from propionic acid and then metabolizes the acid into other fatty acids.
8. Because it can inhibit the growth of molds and other microorganisms, it is also added to tobacco and animal feed.
9. Add calcium propionate to cattle feed to help prevent milk fever. It also provides calcium to cattle.
10. In the field of medicine, butyl rubber also uses it to improve quality.
About Bailin Group:
We,Bailin Group Co.,Ltd is a leading Food Preservative manufacturer and supplier in China , the main Preservative products are Calcium propionate ,Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate,which is the largest factory in the northeast China region.contact us if you looking for a reliable Food Preservative factory.just send your inquiry in below form,will reply within 24hours.