Introduction of Custard powder:
Custard powder is a kind of spice powder. Light yellow or light orange, with strong milk flavor and fruit flavor, it is composed of bulking agent, stabilizer, food flavor, food coloring, milk powder, starch and filler. Custard flour was originally used in Western food to make pastries and puddings, and later introduced by Hong Kong chefs before it was used in Chinese cooking. The custard powder is easy to melt and is suitable for soft, fragrant and slippery hot and cold desserts (such as cakes, egg rolls, fillings, bread, tarts and other pastries). It is mainly used for its special aroma and taste, which is a relatively Ideal food spice powder.
English name : custard powder
Main ingredients:: bulking agent, stabilizer, food flavor, food coloring, milk powder, starch.
Whether it contains preservatives or not : don't contain.
Classification of Custard powder:
Common custard powder includes milk-flavored custard powder, ordinary custard powder, Instant Custard Powder and so on. Among them, instant custard powder is a commonly used spice powder, usually used for bread, pastry surface decoration or internal filling and filling. It can be directly dissolved in cold water for use. It is a ready-to-use filling ingredient.
The traditional custard powder needs to be heated to the gelatinization temperature of starch (60-70℃) after adding water, and then cooled before use. The process is cumbersome.
Suitable for the crowd: the general population can eat
Storage conditions: high-quality custard powder is fine and uniform, and should be protected from moisture, mildew and odor.
Custard powder has 4 major effects:
1. Flavoring: can make the product produce rich milk flavor and fruit flavor;
2. Color enhancement: adding custard powder to the paste can produce bright yellow;
3. Increase crispness and shape the product: adding custard powder to the bulky paste, the product will be crispy but not soft after being fried, and the appearance will be beautiful;
4. Strong stickiness: adding custard powder when thickening some dishes can produce stickiness, good thickening effect and good transparency of the juice.
Custard powder can be used to make custard sauce (a commonly used filling for pastry), custard filling (special powder), cheesecake and other soft, fragrant and smooth hot and cold desserts (such as cakes, egg rolls) , Stuffing, bread, fruit pies, sandwiches, puddings, tarts and other pastries), mainly for its special aroma and taste.
Custard flour was originally used in Western food to make cakes and puddings, and was later introduced by Hong Kong chefs before being used in Chinese cooking. In actual use, we should figure out the amount. If used improperly, the advantages of custard powder will turn into disadvantages under certain conditions.
1. When making deep-fried dishes that need to maintain the original flavor of the raw materials, if a large amount of custard powder is added, although the color and crispness of the dishes can be increased, the milky and fruity aromas will mask the original flavor of the raw materials and make the dishes Loss of characteristics, in fact, if additional leavening agents are used to cook such dishes, and color enhancers are added, it can be avoided;
2. Add custard powder when sizing the flavor of fish, shrimp, and crab meat. After cooking, it will definitely lose the original flavor of fish, shrimp, and crab meat, and even make the taste nondescript;
3. The custard powder is used for the taste of the ingredients of the dishes, mainly lemon juice, fruit juice and Hong Kong-style sweet and sour sauce dishes. The amount of custard powder should be about 5 grams of custard powder per 500 grams of raw materials to make garlic. For ribs, you can increase the amount of custard powder appropriately, and put about 15 grams;
4. When custard powder is used to thicken dishes, the dosage ratio is 2 to 5 grams of custard powder per 500 grams of raw materials, and it should be used together with water starch and homogenizing;
5. When custard powder is used for the preparation of crisp paste, 15% custard powder can be added to the paste.
About Bailin Group:
We're a leading Custard powder manufacturer in China ,supply Custard powder product with steady quality and low price.contact us if you are looking for a reliable Custard powder supplier from China.or feel free to send your inquiry to below form,will reply you within 24 hours.